Peloton has recently launched Family Classes, which are designed to provide an enjoyable and safe exercise experience for families with children as young as 3 years.
These classes are available on the Peloton app and do not require the use of any bike or treadmill.
This allows families of all ages and sizes to exercise together without any age or size restrictions.
Is Peloton Bike Safe for Kids?
The Peloton bike has age and size restrictions, with a minimum of 16 years old and a body weight between 105 lbs (48kgs) and 300 lbs (136kgs), as well as a height between 4 feet 11″ and 6 feet 4″.
If younger children are allowed to use the bike, it should be under close supervision.
Kid-friendly Peloton rides include Scenic rides, Just Ride, Low-impact rides, and Beginner rides.
Best Peloton Classes and Instructors for Your Growing Kids
- 20 min beginner ride with Denis Morton
- 15 min beginner ride with Hannah Corbin
- 20 min beginner ride with Matt Wilpers
- Any scenic ride
These classes are ideal for children as they require little effort in a short duration.
Riding Tips for Your Growing Kids
It is essential to ensure that children riding on a Peloton bike do so under close adult supervision.
To maximize safety, parents should invest in Peloton toe cages, as well as ensure their child wears flexible sports clothing.
Additionally, it is recommended to opt for beginner classes or scenic rides which are more suitable for young riders.
How to Keep Peloton Bike Safe from Kids
In order to ensure the safety of children and pets around the Peloton bike, it is important to keep it close to the wall and locked in place.
Additionally, cross-check the bike before use for any debris that might have been put in by kids.
Lastly, lock the home bike studio and keep little ones away from the moving parts while working out.
Alternative Bike to Peloton for Kids
For parents who find it difficult to work out with their 4-year-old on the Peloton, the Little Tikes Pelican stationary bike is a great alternative.
This bike features visuals and YouTube videos, and can be connected to the parent’s Peloton so that they can ride together and have fun.
Is Peloton Treadmill Safe for Kids?
The Peloton treadmill is not safe for children due to potential risk of injury or even fatality.
Parents of children aged 10 and above may allow them to use the tread under close supervision provided they meet the age and size requirements, which are 16 years old and above in age, and 4’11” to 6’4″ in height.
Why Peloton Tread is Now Safe for Kids
The Peloton treadmill features a safety code that must be known in order to use the treadmill, as well as a safety key which is used to immediately stop the machine in emergencies.
Furthermore, the treadmill only moves when running or walking in free mode and does not allow for speed or incline adjustments.
Safety Recommendations for Peloton Tread Plus
For those who possess a Peloton Tread+ and will keep using it, we emphatically urge the following safety measures.
1. Firstly, similarly to the CPSC, we recommend that consumers always take out the safety key and place it away from sight and reach. The treadmill will not run if the safety key is taken away.
2. Secondly, when you step off of the Tread+, ensure that you switch the power OFF as is standard for any treadmill.
3. Lastly, make sure to always disconnect the apparatus after you have completed using it. Although this may be inconvenient, it is an effective way to avoid any potential danger.
4. Finally, it is essestial to ensure that the Peloton Tread+ is employed in a space which is inaccessible for both children and animals. Even if one is close at hand, there could be potential risks of harm before being able to step in.
We ardently desire that Peloton will take further steps to rectify these problems in upcoming products and take immediate action to prevent any more injuries related to the existing Tread+ models.
How to keep Peloton Tread safe from kids?
In order to ensure the safety of children,
It is important to keep the safety code a secret,
Remove the safety key when the treadmill is not in use, avoid competitive running and lock the treadmill room when possible.
Additionally, exercising when the kids are around should also be avoided.
Peloton Classes for Kids or Family Classes
Peloton offers a great way to get fit as a family! Although there are no equipment classes specifically designed for kids, they can join in on the yoga, strength and cardio classes with their parents or guardians.
You can also stream the classes via TV, so it’s a fun and interactive activity for everyone to enjoy.
These classes include;
- Fit Family Flow Yoga Classes instructed by Kristin McGee (20 minutes)
- Family cardio classes instructed by Jess Sims (15 minutes)
- Family meditations instructed by Chelsea Jackson and Anna Greenberg (5 and 10 minutes)
- Family strength instructed by Jess Sims (15 minutes)
The classes are divided into;
- Fit Family Flow: If you’re looking for a fun, 20-min workout for your kids aged 3-9, then this is the perfect one! It’s child-friendly and includes playful yoga poses, guided meditations and experienced instructors to keep them engaged.
- Family Meditations: Bring your family together and enjoy a five to ten minute meditation class suitable for all ages. This is the perfect activity for bonding with loved ones.
- Fit Family Fun: This fifteen-minute workout is perfect for the whole family, with fun activities that focus on strength, cardio, health, and joy for everyone five years old or above.
- Fit Family Brain Breaks: Get active with your family with this fun and educational five-minute workout suitable for kids aged 5 and up! Enjoy a short session of physical play and story-telling that stimulates both the body and mind.
- Fit Family Flow: Looking to build confidence and strength? Join the tweens workout! This 20-minute class is designed for people aged nine and over, teaching the basics of yoga and how to connect mind and body for improved self-love. It’s a great way to nurture your wellbeing in a friendly environment.
- Fit Family Strong: This fun cardio and strength workout is specially designed for users over ten years old and takes only twenty minutes. Kids and adults of all ages will enjoy it again and again!
How to find Peloton family workout classes?
You can easily find the Peloton family classes on the Peloton app, by using the search button feature on the website or filtering through categories such as meditation or yoga.
This allows members of the household to view the workouts from their TV with ease.
Safety Tips for Family Classes
One should consider the following safety factors when having a family Peloton: using the largest screen available, keeping furniture and other stuff away to create space, monitoring participating children, not creating a kid’s account, and ensuring that the kids’ health comes first during exercise.
Peloton is Not Safe for Kids under 3 Years
To keep kids and toddlers safe while they explore around their Peloton equipment, it is recommended to lock the bike to a post or wall, set the resistance knob to 100, and even consider removing the touchscreen. Additionally, locking away the room with Peloton equipment is an effective measure.
Can Kids Use Peloton Equipment?
It is not recommended to allow children under the age of 14 to use a Peloton bike due to their inability to properly reach the pedals. Nevertheless, there has been one report of a parent overseeing their 6-year-old’s use of the tread.
Are There Other children-friendly Classes Besides the Family Class?
There are several child-friendly beginner classes available, such as outdoor tread classes and yoga or meditation classes, which can help kids to form a connection with nature and foster understanding of meditation.
Peloton is a great way to encourage physical activity for kids and redirect their energy towards something constructive.
However, it’s important to ensure that they are in good health before any strenuous workouts and consulting a doctor is recommended if there is any doubt.