Do you live in a small apartment and no other place to install the Peloton bike except the bedroom? The problem is, the light of a turned-on screen can hamper your sleep. Also, lots of people don’t like the idea of having an active microphone and camera for security reasons.
You can solve all those issues by knowing how to turn off Peloton screen properly.
Whether you want to turn off the whole bike or only turn off the screen, you will find all the possible solutions in this article. Without further ado, let’s jump right into the topic.
How To Turn Off Peloton Screen
The first method includes turning off the Peloton bike completely. It is the safest and officially recommended method of all. Let’s see how to do it in the right way.
- Firstly, hold the power button on your Peloton’s screen. Keep holding it until you a pop-up window shows up with a shutdown option.
- Now, select the “Shut down” button, and wait until the touchscreen is completely off.
- Finally, locate the physical power switch on the deck, and turn it off.
This way, your bike will stay completely off including the screen. However, the best practice is to unplug the bike from the power outlet. You don’t need to do it every time after completing the exercise. Only, unplug the bike if you think that it will not be used for a long time.
How To Put Peloton Screen To Sleep?
Many users wonder, does Peloton screen turn off automatically? The answer is yes, and a Peloton bike can automatically go to sleep mode. The tread’s smart circuitry turns off its touchscreen after sensing 20 minutes of inactivity.
But some users have complained that their bike screen doesn’t turn off automatically. Even if it goes to sleep mode, the screen randomly turns back on. This type of anomaly can happen because of an issue called “phantom touches” on the screen.
Such occurrences are due to the frequency harmonics of the power source interfering with the touch panel. That is the reason you see random navigation resulting in an active screen despite long hours of inactivity.
The solution for this problem is to use a surge protector in between the bike and power outlet. I have gone through several products on Amazon and found a convenient single surge protector from Belkin. It will also protect the internal circuitry from getting damaged due to sudden voltage spikes.
However, you can put the screen to sleep whenever you want in two ways.
- By pressing the stop button and holding it for 5 seconds puts the Peloton tread to sleep. You can find that button on the handrail of the bike.
- Another way and probably the quickest one is to press the power switch which is located on the back of the touchscreen. Just press it once, and the bike screen goes to sleep instantly.
For waking it up, simply tap on the screen or press the power button once again.
Do I Need To Turn Off My Peloton?
Here, the following points will help you decide whether you really need to turn off the Peloton screen.
- Those who are planning for a vacation should turn off their Peloton bike before leaving.
- If the bike is in the bedroom and the screen keeps turning on, you should keep it off while you are not using it.
- For bike maintenance or cleaning, one needs to turn it off completely.
- Also, don’t keep the bike on while moving it from one place to another.
- In case of security concerns, you can turn off the screen or the whole bike.
However, I don’t think you have anything to worry about its security as the camera or microphone does not record anything when it is not in use. Still, it is possible to cover those up by using stickers on the camera and foams in the microphone hole.
Another security measure involves keeping the WiFi network for the bike separated. You can set up a new SSID and password in your router for connecting the Peloton. While doing regular exercises, you can connect it to that specific network, and disconnect it afterward. This way, it is possible to make sure that no hackers are collecting real-time data over the internet.
Those are all of the possible ways, and now you know how to turn off Peloton screen properly. If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the security issues as there are no known occurrences.
Other than that, you may have different queries related to the topic. You are always welcome to ask me in the comments below or read the owner manual.
How To Change Seat On Peloton Bike and Bike Plus? Explained
How To Adjust Peloton Bike Seat for Comfortable Riding?
13 Peloton Bike Maintenance Tips To Save Money On Repairs
Things to Know Before Storing Peloton in Garage!
How to clean peloton
Has your Peloton touch screen stopped working? Don't worry, you're not alone. A lot of Peloton users have encountered this issue at some point or another. Thankfully, there are a few simple fixes...
If you're looking for an amazing Peloton instructor, look no further than Kendall Toole. Kendall is a great addition to the Peloton team and she's already made a huge impact. She is popular for...