AirPods won’t magically connect to your Peloton or Peloton Bike Plus as these bikes aren’t technically developed for an Apple device.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use AirPods on your Peloton and by ‘magically’ we meant automatically. You just have to connect it manually for the first time.
How to Connect Airpods and Airpods Pro to Peloton Quickly and Effortlessly
Syncing Airpods and Airpods Pro with a non-Apple device are more complicated than syncing them with other Apple devices. Because, unlike any Apple device, a Peloton bike won’t sync magically with AirPods. And if you are new to both Peloton and AirPods, the task can be more challenging at first.
But don’t worry, we got you covered. We will show you how to connect your AirPods in this easy-to-follow guide. We promise it is easy and you don’t have to be a tech wizard.
- To accomplish the connection, make sure headphones aren’t connected to any device, even your phone.
- Ensure you have enabled the Bluetooth option properly. For this, click the menu button at the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, click on Device Settings. Now, toggle the BlueTooth settings on as soon as you find it.
- First, you will need to reset the AirPods to pair them with a non-Apple device. With the AirPods in the case, open the lid.
- At this point, hold the button for about 3 to 5 seconds, which is on the back of the case. Your AirPods will be reset.
- After that, try to pair them with the touchscreen while they are back into pairing mode.
- Now, close the lid of the case. You will notice a list of available Bluetooth devices inside the Bluetooth menu.
- From the list of available Bluetooth devices, look for ‘AirPod’ or ‘AirPod Pro’ (depending on which you have) or a custom name that you have given for your headphone.
- Click on the Bluetooth device once you have found it. It will be paired within a few seconds.
- At the lower center of the screen, you will find the Peloton logo. Tap on it to return to the featured page.
- To check whether the headphones are working correctly or not, select a class. Make sure your headphone volume is at a standard level.
By following the steps accordingly, your AirPods should be connected to your Peloton by now. You won’t have to repeat the process the next time you want to connect the air phones. Because they are now paired.
Watch the following video to find out how to connect any BlueTooth headphone to your Peloton bike, not just only AirPods –
AirPods Not Connecting to Peloton: Reasons and How to Fix It
You might be trying hard to connect your AirPod to your bike. No matter how hard you are trying, it doesn’t seem to work. How about stop trying for a moment and check a few things first? You might be missing something that can be the reason your headphone is not connecting. Maybe these are some reasons that AirPods or AirPods Pro are not connecting to your Peloton –
- Your AirPods are not into pairing modes.
- You have forgotten to enable BlueTooth in the Peloton’s touchscreen.
- The headphones are unable to connect due to receiving continuous interference.
- Perhaps, you are trying to connect the AirPods while keeping them inside the box with a closed lid.
- Your Peloton bike and AirPods are too far from each other.
- Make sure your AirPods or AirPods Pro has sufficient power.
- Also, confirm your headphone isn’t connected to other devices aside from your Peloton bike.
- Interference in connection can occur if Bluetooth and WiFi are both running on 2.4 GHz frequency.
Okay! We have tried explaining the possibilities that your AirPods or AirPods Pro are not connecting to your Peloton bike. Let’s look at some of the solutions to get rid of this problem –
- The first thing you should do is to ensure no other devices are already connected to your AirPods. So, turn off Bluetooth on other devices except for your Peloton.
- A simple and quick solution can be turning off your phone’s Bluetooth while riding your Peloton.
- At the time of pairing, make sure both the earbuds are resting on the case and Bluetooth on your Peloton is connected as well.
- The connection can be interrupted or terminated by microwave frequencies if there is any household device like a microwave oven. So, make sure they are not around.
- If necessary, follow the instructions from the manufacturer’s website on connecting your AirPods to a Peloton bike.
- Last but not least, resetting the AirPods always does the trick. And we have already shown how to do that earlier in this article. So, you won’t have any problem with it.
Why Can Apple Headphones Be Good for Your Peloton?
You might be wondering – why do I need an Apple headphone when I can buy a suitable BlueTooth headphone at a cheaper price. That brings us to discuss the outstanding features of AirPods and AirPods Pro, which is why they stand out from the crowd.
Standout Features of AirPods –
- Ultra-Light: These headphones are really lightweight. After wearing them for prolonged hours, you will barely feel they are inside your ears.
- Water and Sweat Resistant: A unique feature of the AirPod is its resistance to water and sweat. So, enjoy your favorite tunes without any disturbance even when you are sweating.
- Active Noise Cancellation: This will help to filter the noise from the immersive sound. If you like to hear what’s happening around you, then turn on the Transparency mode.
- Tailored Fit: For all-day comfort, three sizes of tapered silicone earbuds come with the headphone.
Standout Features of AirPods Pro –
- Easy Setup: These are much easier to set up than AirPods.
- Quick Access to Siri: All you need to say is “Hey Siri” and you can access it.
- Automation: It gets connected automatically to your corresponding device when it turns on.
- New Clips: It comes with the new Apple H1 headphone chips for faster connection.
- Long-Lasting: Battery life is greater than normal AirPods. So, listen to music for longer hours with these headphones.
- Seamless Connection: You can switch between paired devices seamlessly.
If you have gone through the above process for connecting AirPods to your Peloton, read these frequently asked questions too. We will gather some valuable intel about the connection between a Peloton and AirPod.
1. Is it possible to connect AirPods and AirPods Pro at the same time?
Although it is possible to connect AirPods and AirPods Pro to a Peloton simultaneously, you can’t play music or audio from both of them at the same time. Just like people connect 2 AirPods to one iPhone, this can be also done for a Peloton bike.
In order to connect AirPods and AirPods pro to your Peloton at the same time, follow these simple steps –
- Turn on Bluetooth on the touchscreen of your Peloton bike. Inside the settings, select the first pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro like you usually connect.
- Access the AirPlay option by selecting the icon in the control center when your phone is locked. This can only be done when the Peloton app is running on your Apple TV via screencasting.
- Select “Share audio” inside the already connected devices.
- Now, take off the second pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro and keep them close to your screen.
- Once you find your desired device on the screen, tap on it and click on “Share Audio” again. That’s it.
2. Why do my Airpods keep on disconnecting from my Peloton bike?
If you have noticed that your AirPods are continuously disconnecting from your Peloton bike, then chances are it is still paired or connected to an iPhone, iPad, or android device if you previously did it using Bluetooth pairing mode.
If that is the case, then try disconnecting with the already connected device first. Once you are sure that the AirPod isn’t paired or connected with any device, make some attempts to connect it with your Peloton bike.
3. Can I connect other Bluetooth headphones to my Peloton bike?
Yes, you can. Peloton bikes are compatible with Bluetooth headphones. The process is similar to connecting with any BlueTooth device. Inside the touchscreen, the Bluetooth settings will remain on the left side. Inside the Bluetooth setting, toggle the button on to search for devices.
Once you have found your Peloton, click on it to connect your Bluetooth headphone. It is better to keep your Bluetooth headphones paired with your bike before taking a class. You will see a prompt on the touchscreen, asking for pairing with your Bluetooth headphone.
4. Can I watch Netflix on my Peloton bike?
While building the touchscreen, Peloton thought about the utmost convenience of its users. Although you can’t watch Netflix directly through the app, you can stream it with a third-party app like your browser.
Just go to the ‘Internet’ app by scrolling the app bar inside the home screen. Click on the app and browse to the Netflix website via the designated URL (simply type netflix.com). Log into your Netflix account and start watching your favorite movies or TV series while riding your Peloton at the same time.
On top of that, you can cast the Peloton screen on your smart TV to enjoy the show on a bigger screen. Read our article on how to cast Peloton bike’s screen on a TV to find out more.
5. What should I do when my AirPods keep on blinking white?
If the white light on your AirPod keeps on flashing, then it is an indication of a faulty connection or pair. In case you don’t know when the white light on an AirPod starts to blink; it indicates that the AirPod is now ready to connect with a device. The white light will turn off after it is successfully connected or paired with a device.
Unexpectedly, if the light won’t stop flashing, then something is probably wrong. A solution would be terminating the connection and trying again after resetting the AirPod or AirPod Pro. We guess you won’t have any trouble resetting your AirPod after watching this video –
You probably have a pair of AirPods if you are used to Apple devices. Once your AirPod or AirPod Pro is synced with your Peloton bike, it won’t be a problem the next time you want to connect them. On the other hand, get AirPod Pro instead of AirPod if you are planning to purchase one soon. Because connecting AirPod Pro to your Peloton is so much easier than connecting AirPod.
At the end of our discussion, we want to congratulate you if you have successfully connected your AidPod or AirPod to your Peloton bike. We hope you are listening to music without disturbing others. Thanks for reading this article and we will see you at the next insightful blog like this one.
How to Watch TV on Peloton Bike and Tread? Explained
How to Watch Netflix on Peloton Bike? (2 Methods Explained)
How to Turn on Peloton Bike & Get Started Spinning?
How to Clean Peloton Bike Properly! Detail Guide
How to Unclip and Take Off Peloton Shoes? (Beginners Guide)
How to Change Pedals On Peloton bike? (Full Process)
Peloton Bike Calibration: How To Do It Properly As Beginner?
How to Adjust Peloton Bike and Bike Plus Screen?(Full Guide)
What Is A Good FTP Score On Peloton: How To Gain It?
How to Make Peloton Seat More Comfortable? (8 Easy Steps)
How to Put on Peloton Shoes and Clip Into the Pedal?
How to Connect PowerBeats Pro to Peloton? (5 Easy Steps)
How to Unsubscribe and Delete Peloton Account?
Why Do You Need Peloton Subscription? (Benefits Explained)
Has your Peloton touch screen stopped working? Don't worry, you're not alone. A lot of Peloton users have encountered this issue at some point or another. Thankfully, there are a few simple fixes...
If you're looking for an amazing Peloton instructor, look no further than Kendall Toole. Kendall is a great addition to the Peloton team and she's already made a huge impact. She is popular for...